Book Review: A Heart's Rebellion by Ruth Axtell

A Heart's Rebellion - Ruth Axtell

Ms. Axtell is a new to me author and a talented one she is! I thoroughly enjoyed this book from start to finish. Ms. Axtell blends coming of age, romance, true love, rebellion and determination with faith, hope and God's never ending love.

I was a little iffy on my feelings of Jessamine at first. I thought she would be a whiner through the whole story. But, pleasantly, she was not and I found myself pulling for her as she learned to rebel against her own past and grasp her future. She was a sweet character and I am glad I had the chance to get to know her!

And Lancelot. Now that is a man worth swooning over! I loved him from the start and found him witty and charming and down right enjoyable throughout the story. He lent the perfect depth to Jessamine and her torn heart!

I definitely recommend this story with 4.5 stars! Ms. Axtell will take you on a whirlwind adventure ride and toss you emotions from happiness to bitterness to love. Fabulously done, and I can't wait to go back and read book 1 in this series, as well as looking forward to the next release by this talented lady!