Book Review: Alice In Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles) - Gena Showalter

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles) - Gena Showalter

Breath. Breath. That is what I am telling myself after reading this novel. I've always been one to read YA novels but as of late, I've been hooked on them and only them. And, as Alice In Wonderland is one of my favorite childhood movies and books, I have been looking for retellings of it. So, when my wonderful sister bought me this book for my Kindle, I couldn't wait to start it! I literally devoured it in less than two days. I mean really. Alice and zombies? Totally awesomeness! It's like Wonderland on a sugar high. Alice's character is perfect. I could literally see her in her Zombieland,the monsters her dad was so afraid of. And Cole.....he's awesome. I loved his role in the story. He fit perfectly with Alice and the two of them together, well, it just kept things really interesting! Ms. Showalter's talent at taking characters and an interesting theme and throwing her readers a life line of addictiveness. I have a listing of Top Read books that I absolutely can't live without and this is definitely one of them. Ms. Showalter definitely knows the meaning of "off with their heads" in the terms of a young adult book lover's heart. This is most definitely a 5 star worthy novel and fabulous start to a crazily wild series! I can't wait to read Through The Zombie Glass! Well done, Ms. Showalter! -- **Disclaimer: This book was purchased for me as a gift by a friend. No money has been exchanged for this review. This review reflects the opinion of the individual reviewer and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any other RBM reviewer or this blog’s owner, editor or administrator.